Chicken Asparagus Healthy Pasta Dinner is a quick, easy and delicious meal to get your protein, veggies, smart carbs and healthy fats in a weeknight dinner!
I love pasta.
It was something that I deprived myself of for many years while on my quest for the perfect body. When I was in high school, every time I went out to eat with Ryan’s parents, I would also get pasta. Chicken and shrimp fettuccine alfredo. Ryan’s parent’s knew it so well, they called it the pasta with Chimp!
Pasta isn’t bad. Honestly, no food is in my opinion. And no food makes you a good or bad person, so just let that go. Some foods have more nutrients yes, but things can work into an eating plan with some planning and willingness to be free from the restrictive foods rules.
I love this chicken asparagus healthy pasta dinner recipe because of all the protein and veggies.
Plus it’s really good. Like really good. As in “I actually want to eat this for lunch tomorrow” kind of good. Not only does this recipe have asparagus, but it also has artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, and Greek yogurt. You really can’t go wrong with this one! Oh and Ryan approved, which is saying something, because he’s very honest about his food haha.
Chicken Asparagus Healthy Pasta Dinner
- 8 oz cooked brown rice pasta - cook that up, right now lol
- 1 lb cooked chicken chopped - hurry and cook that up
- 15 oz marinara sauce of your choice
- 12 oz artichokes chopped - I got mine in a jar, skip the juices
- 8 oz sun dried tomatoes - I also got mine in a jar, skip the juices again
- ½ a bunch of asparagus cut into bite size pieces
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, pepper, and seasonings of your choice (I did onion and garlic powder and oregano)
- Cook your pasta as directed on the box.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook up that chicken on the skillet. Once cooked, remove it from heat, and chop it up.
- While your pasta and chicken are cooking, chop your veggies.
- Drain the water from the pasta and add the veggies, marinara sauce, olive oil, and Greek yogurt.
- Mix together and then add in the chicken.
- Stir it all together.
- Add the seasonings and mix.
- Literally that's it. Now you can eat!
Life getting in the way of your fit goals?
Get the FREE 5 Day Guilt Free Guide to Getting Healthy. In it, I’ll show you simple eating strategies and quick exercises that fit your busy schedule without feeling stressed, overwhelmed, or disappointed.
Where I’m linked up:
Inspire Me Monday | Totally Terrific Tuesday | Coffee and Conversation | Inspire Me Wednesday | Wild Workout Wednesday & Fit and Fashionable Friday | Healthy Living Link Party | Allergy Free Thursday | Think Tank Thursday | This is How We Roll