2017 Year in Review
Looking back, 2017 flew by. I’ve never done a year in review in my life. But I find there’s some benefit to it. Usually I’m thinking about all the things I didn’t achieve going into the New Year. But this time I’m going to start with what went well and share some goals for 2018.
*This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission from purchases through links to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about living the FitLife with a busy schedule.
What went well in 2017.
- I focused my fitness on endurance. I took some time off the weight to focus on my endurance training.
- I got way more sleep. I finally decided about midway through the year that 4 hours of sleep a night was not helping me and was a bad example of health and wellness. I’m now sleeping 7 hours a night most nights. Woohoo!
- I get a little more realistic with what I can do as one person. I used to set big goals for myself every weekend and hardly accomplish any of it. It made me realize that I can only focus on so much, like 3 things a day.
- I helped busy women enjoy the process of getting fit and launched some dope programs. And my soul is so happy. I plan to help even more women in 2018.
- I got to be a bridesmaid in 2 of my best friends from college weddings.
What didn’t go well.
- Pretty much any relationship I have with people. I read an article that said you can only focus on 3 things at a time. My focus was my fitness, my full-time job, and EffiFit. In the process, a lot of friendships slipped, and I didn’t even see my sisters this year. I rarely saw my parents, and they live less than an hour from me. In 2018 I plan to do better.
- I got bored with cardio. I ran a 5k every month through August. I even teetered with running a half marathon. I didn’t really enjoy mostly cardio and have learned that LUCC workouts and strength training make my soul happy.
- I got pretty emotionally drained and let things out of my control suck a lot of my energy. I hope to work on that in 2018.
Where I’m headed for 2018.
In the Busy Professionals Getting Fit Group, I asked the group if they were planning to set any resolutions for 2018. Most said no because resolutions feel negative. I think they’re similar to goals and have set some myself. I plan to do things monthly to achieve them. One of my best friends sent me a copy of the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, and that is how I plan to structure my year. Maybe I’ll give you updates at the end of each month on how I’m doing for extra accountability in achieving my goals.
Here are my 4 resolutions
#1 Put more effort into my relationships with people. I know I can be a better friend, girlfriend, sister, and daughter. I have specific actions I’ll take each month to achieve this.
#2 Pay off my credit cards. Then maybe I could travel to see my sisters and friends!
#3 Workout a minimum of 3x a week doing strength training and HIIT training.
#4 Learn coding! And I’ve already started a course through Skillcrush!
I’ve also got some goals for EffiFit, which I think you’re going to love!
What goals or resolutions do you have for 2018?
Fit and Lean Professionals Workout Plan is coming your way in 2018! Get 3 – 30 minute workouts a week that you can do at home or at the gym with little to no equipment. With these effective workouts, being busy doesn’t have to stop you from getting fit and in great shape. Details coming!
Until next time! -Atim
*EffiFit LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.