Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings
Make these delicious and juicy chicken wings in the Instant Pot in 12 minutes! That’s right, plus prep time, you can be eating these in less than 30 minutes.
*This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission from purchases through links to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about living the FitLife with a busy schedule.
Pressure Cooker Buffalo Wings
Pressure cooking is getting pretty popular again, and for good reason. You can cook food fast in it, which is perfect for a busy schedule. I got an Instant Pot about 2 years ago and hardly used it. I would use it make brown rice and cook meats. But I’m finally starting to find more ways to use it.
If you’re like me, when the craving for chicken wings comes, it comes on strong. I love me some good chicken wings, but I also like to control what’s going in them. Sometimes there might be more sugar than I’d like or cooked in an oil that I don’t love. I’ve been working to reduce fried foods in my eats (I really don’t like the word diet) so this make at home option is great for me.
How long do you cook wings in a pressure cooker?
With this recipe, they only take 12 minutes of manual, high pressure. But the pressure cooker does take time to get to pressure before it can begin. Additionally, I used the saute function to brown my wings (so they’re a bit crispy) for 7 minutes before starting pressure cooking. So all and all, you can have wings done in under 30 minutes.
Instant Pot Buffalo Wings Recipe
For this recipe, you’ll need:
3 lb chicken wings (you can cook them from frozen I hear, but I didn’t do that on this recipe);
Frank’s RedHot sauce;
Barbecue sauce of your choice;
Olive or coconut oil.
You’ll brown your wings, add in the sauces and water, pressure cook for 12 minutes, quick release, and eat. Get the full recipe below!
- 3 lbs chicken wings thawed
- 1 tbs olive (not extra virgin) or coconut oil
- ½ cup Frank's RedHot sauce
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce of your choice
- ¼ cup water
- For coating wings at the end:
- ¼ cup Frank's RedHot sauce
- ⅛ cup barbecue sauce of your choice
- Turn on your Instant Pot and hit the saute button.
- Add your olive or coconut oil.
- When your Pot reads hot (I rhymed), add your wings to brown for about 7-10 minutes.
- While the wings are browning, mix together your sauces and water.
- After the wings are brown to your liking, turn off the saute function, and add the sauce and water mix to the pot. Stir to coat the wings.
- Place the lid on the Pot, and set manual pressure to 12 minutes. Make sure the nozzle at the top is turned up for pressure.
- When the timer goes off, carefully release the pressure by turning the nozzle down.
- Open up the Pot, mix the wings in the sauce and remove.
- Coat with an additional layer of your sauce.
- Eat with veggie sticks!
Buy your Instant Pot if you haven’t already!
Until next time! -Atim
*EffiFit LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.