Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Sirloin is a flavorful mix of sweet and savory. Not only is it delicious, but also a great source of protein when living the FitLife.
This weekend, it was my birthday.
To celebrate, I did a little meal prep, hence the recipe, had the MOST amazing massage at Mountainside Spa, and then had friends over to celebrate. It truly was a great day! I’m not usually big on celebrating my birthday, #introvert, but this year it felt different. I was actually really excited to spend time with good friends. Definitely worth the slow moving day the next day 🙂
I love using the slow cooker.
It’s great for a busy schedule and living the FitLife. You can sleep, go to work, or run errands while you food literally cooks itself. All it takes is some prep time, and boom dinner is ready. Plus leftovers for a few other meals.
What I like about pork is that the lean cuts are still great for reaching your health goals and living a health lifestyle. Plus, we don’t eat them as often as chicken so it takes awhile before it gets boring.
This recipe jazzes things up with the sweet flavors of apples and honey with the seasonings I used to great this delicious dish. You can eat the cooked apples too as part of your meal or throw them out. Add a cupped hand of smart carbs (brown rice or quinoa) and a fist size serving of veggies. I had roasted brussel sprouts!
- 1.5 - 2 lbs pork sirloin roast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 apple sliced (I used a Fuji apple)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- Seasonings to taste: I used salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin
- In a large bowl, mix seasonings together
- Place pork in seasoning mix and coat all sides
- In the slow cooker add the water.
- Place the pork in the slow cooker.
- Place the sliced apples along side the pork.
- Put the 3 cloves of garlic on top of the pork.
- Drizzle everything with honey.
- Cook on high for 3.5 hours or on low for about 6.5 to 7 hours.
- Remove, make sure it's cooked through, slice and enjoy!
Life getting in the way of your fit goals?
Get the FREE 5 Day Guilt Free Guide to Getting Healthy. In it, I’ll show you simple eating strategies and quick exercises that fit your busy schedule without feeling stressed, overwhelmed, or disappointed.