*This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for links to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about living the FitLife with a busy schedule.
This coconut curry chicken bowl is full of protein, vegetables, smart carbs, and happiness. It has so much flavor and smells heavenly. With this chicken bowl, you’ll get more than a serving of vegetables with each bowl you make.
Curry has become a staple in my eating lately.
I actually love all types of foods. But in reality, with a peanut and tree nut allergy, I have to be careful when eating out. I’m that person at the table that asks if there’s nuts, peanuts, or sesame seeds on it or cooked with it. I feel like food allergies are really annoying and are probably annoying to those in the restaurant industry. I just imagine them wishing I ate at home instead of at their establishment.
Ryan has really gotten me obsessed with curry lately. There is a little curry restaurant by his work in downtown SLC that just makes me wish I worked downtown so I could go all the time. On Monday, I had the day off work for Pioneer Day, so I met him for lunch and had the most delicious yellow curry, green curry, and massaman curry.
I got to thinking, how can I make delicious curry at home that’s quick, delicious, and in line with my FitLife. Turns out, it’s really easy and takes about 30 minutes. To save you some more time, get a rotisserie chicken from the store, cut it up, and use it here. I promise you’ll save time by not having to cook the chicken too. And to save even more time, get an Instant Pot for your rice. It’s quick and doesn’t make a mess all over the stove. Plus you don’t have to watch the rice cook.
Coconut Curry Chicken Bowl
Since I feel we’re all working on being more mindful of our portions and keeping our meals balanced, this one is full of vegetables. Don’t worry though, they aren’t overbearing. You’ll get in a quality serving of vegetables with this one. The coconut and green curry paste really make this one shine.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken rotisserie from the store
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 green peppers diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen green curry paste
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Wash and cup up your veggies. Start cooking your rice and chicken if needed.
- In a large skillet, warm up the olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the green peppers and onion. Let cook until soft.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms. Let cook for 2 more minutes.
- Then add the can of coconut milk.
- Stir all together and season.
- Add the curry paste and honey. Stir in and let simmer 3 minutes.
- Finally add the chicken and the rice. Mix together and let it all simmer for 5 minutes.
- Eat. And then save the rest for lunch tomorrow.
Until next time! -Atim
Where I’m linked up:
Inspire Me Monday | Inspire Me Monday | Totally Terrific Tuesday | Coffee and Conversation | Inspire Me Wednesday | Wild Workout Wednesday & Fit and Fashionable Friday | Healthy Living Link Party | Think Tank Thursday | This is How We Roll
*EffiFit LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.